Monday, December 8, 2014

Looking Inside Out

I don't think there is one group of people who fit their stereotype more than gamers. Seriously, I've heard gamers carry on about "here they go again picking on us gamers", not quite getting that they're not being picked on, they're just being pointed out for what they are.

I've made mention of getting my nickname from a group of us teenagers who would get together for games and movies, and I was the one into sleazy horror movies. Only occasionally did we get together in a basement; even though it is a stereotype of gamers the simple reality in that not everybody has a basement and only one member of the group lived in a home with a habitable basement.

One member of the group, we'll call him Jimmy, was always down on girls. He just couldn't understand why they didn't like him. Well let's start off with a few things about Jimmy, being that one, he was definitely over 250 pounds of weight and that's not a good thing for someone who was only 5 and a half feet tall. Jimmy was also not a particularly clean person; nobody wanted to sit next to him in the group. And Jimmy would go on about his exploits in Dungeons and Dragons and other games we played as though they were his actual accomplishments.

I remember one conversation we had that went something like this:


Jimmy

Girls got something wrong with them. If they knew the real me they would be all over me, but they think they're too good for me, but they're not.


Me

Have you ever actually met yourself, Jimmy? Seriously, if you had you would not be confused about this. You want girls to play by different rules. You are so superficial, you look at girls on the outside but demand they look at you in a different way. I have news for you Jimmy, you're as ugly on the inside as you are on the outside.


Of course Jimmy lived in his own world and would dismis what I said as me being jealous of him or some other reason. I don't know what Jimmy is doing today and don't really give a damn. If I were to guess, my guess would be that he's probably become a serial killer.

Seriously, a lot of people who want to blame others for their problems have never really met themselves. I don't think it's fair for people to preach about who they are on the inside while at the same time they are looking at someone else superficially. That's ridiculous.


Toxic Fletch

No comments:

Post a Comment